Tuesday, May 6, 2008

First shot today! :(



First shots are usually are given at birth (Hep B) and then at 2 months and on. Being the educated mother that I am (lol!), I declined the Hep B shot. Hep B is usually transmitted through se%ual contact and I dont think that Kai is quite there yet. He is now almost 3 months old and will be given 1 shot at a time (instead of 4-6 shots) because I don't trust what the CDC says about the link between shots and autism, etc. I mean how many times have there been recalls or the FDA pulling things after giving their approval for a drug. So Kai will receive the HIB vaccine today and I will decline the Rotavirus one. The Rotavirus vaccine has only been out since 2006 and to me that is not enough time, especially when one of the manf. recalled it last year after many little babies got sick. No thanks.


On another note, Kai's recent present is that his hair has a tinge of red. RED! Where or where did that come from? And yes, he is Seans, just look at the chin or the little midget big toe. lol! Oh did I say that outloud?! Oh and he has a lovely mullet...all business in the front and party in the back. Good times!

No comments: